Computer Loaner Program
The Computer Loaner program is designed to help students who are in need of a computer and can be checked out at any time during the semester.
- All loaner computers have Windows 7 or Windows 10 and an antivirus program installed on them.
- Loaners have been updated and now cost $5 to check out. Please pay at the cashier’s office and bring us the receipt to copy along with a current class schedule.
- An administrative hold will be placed on your academic record for non-returned systems.
- Loaners are typically desktop computers. Loaner laptops are in limited supply, so they can only be loaned out to students who meet specific requirements. Laptops also require a referral form.
- The computers remain the property of Temple College and must be returned to the College in essentially the same condition as when signed for.
- Paperwork must be renewed each semester.
We recommend calling the office first if you are driving a long distance.
Computer Donor Program
Temple College has undertaken a project to refurbish and redistribute donated PC computers back into the community. Our first concern is to make sure all hard drives have all data removed. We use a program to totally erase data on the hard drives. As a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher, we are able to obtain Windows operating systems at minimal cost which we then load on the systems that go back out into the community through various non-profit organizations. The Temple-Belton Central Texas Housing Consortium has received over 200 systems, helping their clients with computer training and using the systems to improve their lives. Other systems have gone to church groups, and other various organizations including several drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers.
Some systems have been given to organizations outside the United States. These systems were loaded with a different operating system, called Ubuntu, a free open source Linux system.
Help us expand our program
- Donate your systems
- Redistribute within community
- We will assure data destruction
- Keep systems out of landfill
- Satisfy E-waste requirements
- Save money on storage costs
- Increase community good will
Loaner/Donor Computer Office
Watson Technical Center (WTC), Room 549
|Fall & Spring Hours|
|Monday through Thursday||8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. to Noon|
|Summer Office Hours|
|Monday through Thursday||7 a.m. to 5 p.m.|