This program offers the following benefits:
- Expands academic options for college-bound high school students
- Minimizes the duplication of courses taken in high school and college
- Shortens the time required to complete an undergraduate degree; and
- Significantly reduces the cost of higher education
We are delighted that you are interested in the Temple College Dual Credit (TCDC) Program.
Early College High Schools (ECHS) are innovative high schools located on or in close proximity to a college campus that allow students least likely to attend college an opportunity to earn a high school diploma and 60 college credit hours.
Early College High Schools:
- Provide dual credit at no cost to students
- Offer rigorous instruction and accelerated courses
- Provide academic and social support services to help students succeed
- Increase college readiness
- Reduce barriers to college access
Temple College is the partnering community college for the Legacy Early College High School.
Middle College is a designation given by the Texas Higher Education Board that enables high school juniors and seniors who attend the Texas Bioscience Institute (TBI) to take more than two college courses per semester. Students who begin taking courses their junior year may earn as much as 58-60 college credits and seniors may earn 28-30 credits by high school graduation.
Middle College program benefits:
- Increase the number of college credits students can obtain while still in high school.
- Make higher education more accessible, affordable, and attractive by bridging the divide between high school and college.
- Provide needed guidance and support from adults through the first two years of college.
- Facilitate the transition of motivated students to higher education.
Currently Temple College offers Middle College programs the the Texas Bioscience Institute.