Learn Essential HR Skills
SHRM® Essentials of Human Resource Management Certificate Program
This 15-hour introductory course for those in HR or anyone who oversees the work of others is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM). It provides a comprehensive overview of the human resource function, covering today’s most vital and timely topics, including employment law, selecting qualified employees, compensation, orientation and training, and the employee performance process.
The SHRM Essentials course is specifically designed to challenge you and provide the skills you need to confidently face today’s complex HR situations and compliance issues within your organization. You will participate in interactive case study activities designed for you to practice real-life HR situations in a non-threatening atmosphere.
This course addresses six key HR management practices delivered in a blended learning experience that combines print and online tools with the benefits of an instructor-led class:
- Human Resource Management
- Employment Law
- Recruitment and Selection
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee Development
- Performance Management
New Class Dates Coming Soon!
Registration costs cover instruction, books, and on-line resources for a year.
$419 if registered by the established deadline:
(A $75 late fee is charged after these dates.)
The ways to register are listed above.
A registration deadline is established for each scheduled offering. A $75 late fee will be assessed for registrations received after that time, and there will be no guarantee that participant materials will arrive by the first session if registration is late.
If Temple College cancels the class, a one hundred percent (100%) refund will be granted.
- Prior to the second class meeting for classes meeting more than two sessions, a 100% refund will be granted. No refunds are available for this class once the class has begun since it is only meets for two sessions.
- Courses that incur administrative and materials costs may only be eligible for reduced refunds, depending on costs incurred by the College.