Applications will be processed as quickly as possible on a funds available basis. Some programs, particularly grant programs, have limited funds, so the earlier we receive your application and all supporting documents, the greater the chance for you to receive funds from these programs.
Summer April 1
Fall June 1
Spring November 1
IMPORTANT: Refunds are not processed until all your institutional charges are paid in full (including tuition, fees, and books), and you have a credit balance on your Temple College Student Account. You must check with the Cashier’s Office immediately if you owe other charges such as parking fines, library fines, University Courtyard Apartment rent, loaner computer, departmental charges, Leopard Loans or other agreements to the Temple College Foundation, etc.
Please make sure that (1) your mailing address and telephone number are up-to-date on TConnect and (2) your account information on TouchNet is accurate. Each semester, we have students who did not receive their refund in a timely manner because their information was not current. Don’t let this happen to you!!
If you plan to attend college from Fall 2016 through Summer 2017 and would like to receive financial aid, you must complete the 2016/2017 FAFSA, if you have not already done so.
- June 22 Grants, Loans, and certain Scholarships*
- July 13 Initial disbursement for First-time Loan Borrowers
- July 27 Any remaining Loan disbursements plus 2nd 6-wk class refunds
If you plan to attend college from Fall 2017 through Summer 2018 and would like to receive financial aid, you must complete the 2017/2018 FAFSA, if you have not already done so.
- Sept. 29 Grants and certain Scholarships* plus 1st disbursement of 1/3rd of loan proceeds
- Oct. 13 Initial disbursement of 1/3rd of loan proceeds for first-time loan borrowers
- Oct. 27 2nd disbursement of another 1/3rd of loan proceeds
- Nov. 17 3rd disbursement of remaining loan proceeds plus 2nd 8-wk class refunds
- Feb. 16 Grants and certain Scholarships* plus 1st disbursement of 1/3rd of loan proceeds
- Mar. 2 Initial disbursement of 1/3rd of loan proceeds for first-time loan borrowers
- Mar. 30 2nd disbursement of another 1/3rd of loan proceeds
- Apr. 27 3rd disbursement of remaining loan proceeds plus 2nd 8-wk class refunds
* TC Foundation Success Scholarships will not be refunded until after the semester ends, if eligible.
You will be able to purchase books at the bookstore using funds in your financial aid account on TConnect. Any funds left over after tuition/fees and bookstore charges are deducted will be refunded to you.
1st 6-wk, 8-wk, and 11-wk classes: May 23, 2017 – June 6, 2017
2nd 6-week classes: July 5, 2017 – July 13, 2017
1st 8, and 16-week classes: August 22, 2017 – September 8, 2017
2nd 8-week classes: October 16, 2017 – October 27, 2017
1st 8, and 16-week classes: January 9, 2018 – January 26, 2018
2nd 8-week classes: March 9, 2018 – March 23, 2018
If cannot see your award on TConnect by this date, you must make alternative payment arrangements.
- Summer May 1
- Fall July 1
- Spring December 1
Summer: May 15
Appeals are generally NOT APPROVED, and students should make other payment arrangements while waiting on the Financial Aid Committee’s decision or risk being dropped from their coursework. Most appeals are denied due to lack of documentation.
- Summer 2017 May 25, 2017
- Fall 2017 August 24, 2017
- Spring 2018 January 11, 2018
- 1st 6, 8, and 11-week: May 30, 2017
- 2nd 6-week: July 10, 2017
- 1st 8 and 16-week: August 28, 2017
- 2nd 8-week: October 23, 2017
- 1st 8 and 16-week: January 16, 2018
- 2nd 8-week: March 19, 2018
Students receiving federal aid who withdraw from class before this date may have to return a portion of their financial aid funds.
- 1st 6-week classes June 21, 2017
- 8-week classes June 30, 2017
- 11-week classes July 12, 2017
- 2nd 6-week classes July 29, 2017
In order for funds to be available by the end of the semester, loans request forms must be submitted by the dates below. If a student is in a 6 or 8 week class that ends before this date, the last date that student may submit a loan request form would be the end date of their class.
Spring: April 15
Summer: July 15
Fall: November 10
* Dates are subject to change. Please check the website periodically for the latest changes or updates.
If an application is selected for verification, Temple College will email to the student a letter requesting any required documents, including verification requirements. These must be returned before the end of the enrollment period for which financial aid is requested. If errors are detected as a result of verification, we will correct the students application electronically. The student’s award will be based on the corrected data.