Temple College offers proctored test services to students and the community at the Main Campus Testing Center and the EWHCEC-Hutto Testing Center. Most testing is administered on a first-come, first-served basis during the posted Testing Center hours. Appointments are not required in most cases. The Hutto Testing Center is by appointment only. Please contact 512-759-5925 to schedule a time to test.
Proctored test takers are expected to adhere to all Testing Center guidelines as well as the guidelines set forth by the test takers primary institution. All tests will end by the posted closing time and be picked up by the proctor whether the test is completed or not.
A photo ID is required. Test takers must also bring all items required for their test (pencils, pens, scantrons, bluebooks, calculators, etc). Items not approved for use on the test (cell phones, pagers, textbooks, notes, etc.) should be left at home or in the test taker’s vehicle. The Testing Center is not responsible for any test taker’s personal belongings.
Proctored test information may be sent to the appropriate Testing Center location by the methods listed below.
The following information should be included when submitting a proctored exam. This information should come directly from the student’s school:
- Test taker’s name
- Institution name
- Course and exam number
- Dates/times test is available (Note: the instructor must contact the Testing Center directly if a student is approved to test after the deadline provided)
- Time allowed on the test
- Number of attempts/retest information
- Instructor’s name and day/evening contact information
- Allowed testing materials
- Prohibited testing materials
- Special test instructions including passwords and website address for computer exams, return of materials such as used scratch paper, etc.
- Preferred method to return paper/pencil exams and/or notes cards, scratch paper, etc. (mail, fax, email)