The following admission criteria is listed in sequential steps of order for completion.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Attend Information Session
- Consider taking HITT 1305 Medical Terminology and BIO 2404 Intro to Anatomy & Physiology prior to entry into Surgical Technology Program (acceptance into program not required for courses)
- Complete Temple College application and admission procedure.
- Take Pre-Entrance Exam: TEAS V (Test of Essential Academic Skills). A minimum composite score of 60% is required beginning July 1, 2016. A TEAS study guide may be reviewed at the Temple College Learning Assistance Center or purchased at the TC Bookstore. Register for the test at the cashier’s office located in One College Centre. The fee is $65 The test is administered in the Temple College Testing Center.
- Complete Surgical Technology application: A minimum TEAS V score is required. Application due by last working day in January.
- Twenty four students will be offered interviews. A maximum of eighteen (18) students can be selected from those interviewed to form the Surgical Technology class.
- Receive Letter of Conditional Acceptance & accept opportunity.
- Begin immunizations, complete history and physical (Hepatitis series takes 4-6 months to complete), Complete Certified Background Check and Complete CPR for Healthcare Provider Certification.
- Purchase Uniform and Supplies
- Scrub pant and top-Caribbean Blue (blue-green)
- White knee-length lab coat: Large enough to button closed over scrubs
- TC Surgical Technology Program patch sewn to the upper left pocket area. This patch is available at the Temple College Bookstore (Arnold Student Union)
- Name Badges: TC Photo badges made in Admissions & Records
- Professional eyewear (Goggles):
- Shoe Choices: Athletic shoes or professional healthcare shoes/clogs (ex: Danskin or Plogs) White or Black colored shoes only. Crocs with holes are not acceptable footwear for Surgical Technology students.
- Criminal Background Check, Drug Testing and Finger Printing will be completed which is required for entry into clinical facilities. Failure to give permission results in dismissal from Program.
- Attend scheduled Class Orientation meeting. Receive Program Registration & Textbook Information.
For further information call: 254-298-8651 or 1-800-460-4636, ext. 8651.