The Surgical Technology program enrolled the first class of students in 1982 through the efforts of operating room nurses from area hospitals. The mission of Temple College is to serve the founders’ vision by meeting the needs of individual students, area communities, and businesses through quality educational programs and services that reflect our commitment to quality and integrity while preparing our diverse population as they enter an ever-changing global society.
Surgical Technology expands the Temple College mission statement to include meeting the needs of surgical patients and surgical teams through instrumental community partnerships with area hospitals and surgical centers. Our program is accredited by the Accreditation Review committee on Education for Surgical Technology (ARC-ST) and graduates are eligible to take the National Certification Exam administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA). Temple College has a 94% pass rate for the 2015 year. Graduates of the Temple College Surgical Technology program have been exposed to and may specialize in the following services:
- Central Service/Instrument Processing
- General Neurology
- OB-GYN Otolaryngology
- Oral Maxillofacial
- Plastics & Reconstructive
- Peripheral Vascular
The program begins each summer, and only students who have been accepted (see admission criteria) are permitted to register for the Surgical Technology courses. The “on-campus” commitment is for one year (full-time), Mon.-Thurs. 8 hr/day. Courses provide classroom, lab, and clinical rotations to prepare graduates for entry level positions as Surgical Technologists. Surgical Technology is a profession that continues to have national growth and demand.
|Monday, August 8, 2016||3 p.m.|
|Monday, September 12, 2016||3 p.m.|
|Monday, October 10, 2016||3 p.m.|
|Monday, November 14, 2016||3 p.m.|
|*December 2016||No Session|
|January 9, 2017||3 p.m.|
|February 13, 2017||3 p.m.|
|March 9, 2016||3 p.m.|
|April 13, 2016||3 p.m.|
|*May 2016||No Session|
All sessions are held in the Health Sciences Center on the East Campus.
*There are NO Information Sessions in the months of December and May due to Final Exams.
- GPA: 2.0 or Higher for all courses on Degree Plan
- Clinical Competencies: documented AST® Core procedures
- TC Application for Graduation: Due Spring I Semester
- Certification Exam Fees: Due Spring I Semester
- Pin: Purchased at Bookstore Spring I Semester (optional)
- Cap & Gown: Purchased at Bookstore: Required for file photo and Commencement participation
The Temple College Surgical Technology Program is fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs. 25400 U.S. Hwy 19 North, Suite 158, ClearWater, Florida, (727) 210-2350.
Graduates of the Surgical Technology Program are eligible candidates to take the National Certification Exam to become a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST).
Students are actively involved in gaining technical skills and expertise through clinical assignments at local surgical facilities.
- CTVHCS (VA) Operating Room: surgical services for our veterans
- Metroplex Health System : Community Hospital
- Scott & White Hospital Operating Room: 24 hr trauma hospital
- Scott & White Pavilion Surgical Center: outpatient day surgery
- McLane Children’s Hospital: